Re: New ENTITY declarations?

At 08:06 29/11/2003, Karsten Wade wrote:

We use a common set available to all document writers, following the
format of fedora-entities.sgml.  The contents of that file would be
pulled into the parent XML like:

<!-- ****** Bring in Fedora Project standard entities ***** -->
<!ENTITY % FEDORA-ENTITIES SYSTEM
"../fedora-common-xml/fedora-entities.xml">
%FEDORA-ENTITIES;

Which is fine if the structure on an authors machine reflects that on the fedora build. 1. Is that the intention. 2. Is that structure documented?

(That's why I suggested the use of a uri on the redhat site,
and a local catalog entry to map that to the local instance for
local use)

I'm not 100% certain that my syntax is accurate for the XML DTD; it
works for SGML.

Which is fedora working in? I've assumed XML. Is there much SGML legacy?

 Let us know if there any differences.  Following is an
example scheme based on what we are using at Red Hat.

The target file in the common directory is called via a relative path,
i.e. it's always in an expected location of off the Fedora docs cvsroot,
../fedora-common-xml/fedora-entities.xml.

Are all authors expected to work with that relative path?

This means fedora-common-xml/ is a module in CVS that you need to
check-out in order to build your docs (if you call anything from there,
of course), and which makes it easy to distribute changes globally, i.e.
if Fedora Core becomes F3d0ra C0r3, then we only need to 'cd
fedora-common-xml/ && cvs up'. ;)

No problems with that... so long as all understand it.. and its documented :-) <snip/>

hth - Karsten

Very much so Karsten. Very clear. .... Is this to be marked up and added to the documentation howto :-)

regards DaveP