[389-users] Change of attibute syntaxes between versions

Hi

We had in version 1.1.3, some values in the attribute
destinationIndicator with tildes and special chars; in that version
the syntax of the attribute was Directory String. We have updated to
version 1.2.5, and now, when running syntax-validate.pl, it reports
that those values violate the syntax, because the syntax of the
attribute has changed to Printable String. Why has the syntax changed?
How can I solve this issue? We have a replicated environment, so I
can't (or shouldn't) modify the standard schema files. The same
happens with the attribute searchGuide.

Something similar happens with the attribute nsViewFilter, altough
this attribute has not changed its syntax across these two versions.
Ths script reports that this filter violates the syntax:

(ou=*ou=AABBB,ou=Recursos,o=XXXX,dc=YYY,dc=ZZ)

But I think this filter is valid. Why is the tool reporting that error?

Also, if I try to import an exported database that contains those
values, the server fails because of the syntax errors.

Regards and thanks in advance.