Re: [389-users] Triggers

On 02/03/2011 05:07 AM, Andrey Ivanov wrote:
> Hi Gerrard ,
>
> you could use a persistent search on your group to achieve that.
> Otherwise you need to write a server plug-in...
>
> Here is a past discussion of persistent search with perl code :
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/389-users/2009-August/009991.html
You can use persistent search in conjunction with the Retro Changelog so
that if your persistent search is interrupted, you can resume from the
point you were cut off.

You could also enable the audit log, and even use that in conjunction
with a named pipe audit log python script.

There really isn't anything in the LDAP world analogous to SQL
Triggers/Stored Procedures because LDAP has no "language" like SQL.