Re: [389-users] Simple AD password sync?

On 01/10/2011 08:18 AM, Gary Algier wrote:
> I am looking for simple AD password sync solution.
>
> I think there was once one as part of this project.  It was to be installed on
> all DCs and would send password updates to any LDAP server.  Now this project
> seems to use one that requires a replication agreement and it only supports
> this server.
You can use the passsync msi without setting up a winsync (repl)
agreement.  Why do you think otherwise?  Note that no matter what you
do, there has to be some relationship between the AD entry and the DS
entry - usually the AD samAccountName matches the DS uid attribute.