From: Rob Crittenden <rcritten@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project." <389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Harry Devine/ACT/FAA@FAA, Ted Rush/ACT/FAA@FAA, 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 01/10/2011 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [389-users] Resetting user passwords

harry.devine@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I tried that (using a date/time string similar to
> passwordallowchangetime), and I was able to get the "your password will
> expire in 10 days" message when I log in. I guess I thought that there
> would have existed either a checkbox or a button similar to Active
> Directory where it says "Reset user password" or something similar.
>
> Now, whenever I try to change the password using the passwd command, I
> get the following error:
>
> LDAP password information update failed: Constraint violation
> within password minimum age
> passwd: Permission denied.
>
> Any ideas on that?

See if you have passwordMinAge set. This defines the minimum amount of
time that must pass before a password can be changed. This is generally
used in conjunction with password history (so a user doesn't repeatedly
change their password so they can re-use one once it gets pushed out of
history).

rob

mailto:Harry.Devine@xxxxxxx>

mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>