Re: [389-users] Questions about groups and group IDs

On 01/10/2011 12:50 AM, Carsten Grzemba wrote:
Do you mean that is missing in the admin console for the groups the extension for the Posix attributes?
I have developed an editor extension for the Posix group attributes and can make this available to the 389 project.
With this extension you can assign a group the gidnumber and the memberuid's.
I would be very interested in getting this into the console source.

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von: harry.devine@xxxxxxx
Datum: Freitag, 7. Januar 2011, 17:10
Betreff: [389-users] Questions about groups and group IDs
An: 389-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ted.rush@xxxxxxx

We are planning out how we are going
to move from Active Directory to 389-ds.  We can add users to our
test environment successfully, and give the accounts the proper information
(uid, shell, etc.).  However, 1 area that we are getting stumped at
is groups.  In our Active Directory currently, we have several groups
that we put our users into based on their function.

Those groups have unique group IDs.
 However, when I make a group on 389-ds, I don't have any way of specifying
a group ID.  I can make a new user and give it a group ID by default,
but that group ID doesn't exist anywhere and I can't find where to assign
it or create it.  Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Harry

Harry Devine