Re: [389-users] Multiple suffixes in 1 database

On 12/21/2010 02:37 AM, Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to setup a test environment where each database should
> contain multiple suffixes. I have 6 organizations:
>
> - o=a1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=a2,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=b1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=b2,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=c1,dc=org,dc=net
> - o=c2,dc=org,dc=net
>
> a1 and a2, should belong to userRoot,
It doesn't work that way.  You would have to do something like this:
o=a,dc=org,dc=net - belongs to userRoot
o=a1,o=a,dc=org,dc=net
o=a2,o=a,dc=org,dc=net

If you really want multiple suffixes under dc=org,dc=net that belong to
multiple databases, you will have to write an entry distribution plugin
to distribute the entries among your suffixes.