[389-users] Problems with accessing console

Hi

I have a bit of a problem with a few 389 servers I recently build...

Firstly how I got there:

I added 4 additional servers to our infrastructure, the servers had 389 installed and configured but as a separate set of 4 servers completely stand alone. I removed everything with remove-ds-admin -f -y before I added the 4 servers to our main infrastructure.

We use a shared (multimaster netscapedb setup), setup in the following way:

Enable changelog on new server ( aka master-new)

Create netscapedb root suffix

enable master replica for netscape db

iniatiate db from another master (aka master01)

run register-ds-admin.pl on master-new

The problem is that I am not able to access the admin console.

If I run the console from master01 and try to access the admin console on master-new, it takes a very long time to load and when I then try and view anything in the configuration tab I get timeouts. I can open the directory server for master-new remotely so that seems to be working fine.

My questions:

It seems remove-ds-admin.pl does not cleanly remove any previously set admin settings for the admin server, would you agree or is it expected to not remove admin server settings.

How can I fix this, comparing /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/local.conf to another working server brings up loads and loads of differences. My first thought is to fix this file. I compared to different working servers and they seem similar enough for me to attempt this. I am just not sure if this would have other effects not yet known. Is this a recommend course of action?

My other option is to start again, but I don’t know how to delete a server cleanly from netscapedb if I use a shared MM netscapedb database. Is there a recommended way to do this?

Regards