Re: [389-users] Getting started with 389 DS

Hi Glad to hear you got your problem sorted, you might also consider using the FQDN of the servername rather than localhost. This will safe you some trouble when you enable SSL.

Regards
From: 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of harry.devine@xxxxxxx [harry.devine@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 October 2010 13:34
To: General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project.
Cc: General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project.; 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [389-users] Getting started with 389 DS

Just a follow up:  I was able to log in.  I turned off the software firewall and used "cn=Directory Manager" as the User ID and was able to log in.  This machine is isolated so there's low risk in having the firewall off.  When I get further along, I can turn it back on with 9830 added as a acceptable port I suppose.

Thanks for the help, and sorry about the noise.
Harry

Harry Devine
Common ARTS Software Development
AJT-144