[389-users] Debian packaging

Hi everyone,

I am the person behind the current FDS Packaging efforts for Debian.
Roberto mentioned to me some threads [1] related to Debian packaging,
so I thought I share the status of my work. Hopefully interested people
can chime in and lend a hand or report bugs.

The svn repo where I commit the debian/ dir can be found on alioth [2]

I've setup a repository which is usable for debian Sid (i386 and amd64).
Just add the following line to your sources.list:

deb http://acksyn.org/debian sid main

To install the 389 DS:
apt-get install dirsrv

The Directory Server 1.2.6.1 package is in a fairly decent shape (modulo ipv6:
you have to disable the bindv6only proc entry)
The rest of the stack is mostly packaged but needs a lot more fixing and
polishing than the server.

Right now I am working on the Admin Server and the Console. My goal is
provide a foundation for FreeIPA in Debian. [3]
The Wiki page for this packagin effort can be found here [4]

If you have any questions, bug reports or suggestions feel free to drop
me a line per mail.

hth,
Michele

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/389-users/2010-October/012253.html
[2] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-fedora-ds/
[3] http://www.freeipa.org
[4] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianFDSPackaging

--
Michele Baldessari <michele@xxxxxxxxxx>
C2A5 9DA3 9961 4FFB E01B  D0BC DDD4 DCCB 7515 5C6D