[389-users] Local Password Policy Replicated?

Hi
The documentation is not very clear on this...
13.1.5 in the latest Admin Guide mentions how password policy is treated in a replicated environment but it does not distinguish or confirm that the behaviour for global and local password policies is treated in the same way with regards to replication.

Does local password policy settings get replicated?
I would assume yes because it is writes:

dn: cn=cn=nsPwPolicyEntry\,uid=jdoe\,ou=people\,dc=example\,dc=com,
     cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: extensibleObject
objectclass: ldapsubentry
objectclass: passwordpolicy

according to the documentation.

( after typing this email I am doubting my assumption )

Can I thus change password policy for a subtree only once or should I be changing it on all servers regardless?

The reason that prompted me for this question is that I am using a "autheticator" user to bind to ldap rather than bind anonymous. This user is in my company tree and also falls under the global password policy which it should not. If someone with malicious intent wanted to break the system they could just use that user with the wrong password 5 times to lock the account. That is an obvious flaw which is why I need to change password policy for this users and/or group of users.

Best Regards