Re: [389-users] Configuration Directory Server

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.2/admin/html/Managing_Replication-Replicating-ADS-for-Failover.html

> I initially had it setup on one server1 with server2 using this, but
> then if server1 goes down the console access for server2 is broken.  I
> have been trying to replicate the netscaperoot with little success
> (probably down to my confusion on what to put in the 'server2.inf' and
> ldif files) and wondered do I really have to replicate netscaperoot?
> What would be the implication of each master having their own
> netscaperoot and not replicating?
It just means that you have to connect to the console on each machine,
and each console would only show the admin server and directory servers
on that machine.  You won't have the centralized console.  When you set
up replication in the console, it won't show you the other servers,
you'll have to input the hostnames and ports manually.  Other than that,
everything should work just fine.