Re: [389-users] Restoring a completely broken machine that is using a shared netscapedb

Gerrad,

Here is some documentation on Disaster recovery.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.2/admin/html/disaster-recovery.html

Basically the steps are correct, but when I was in that situation I
pointed the ldap to our then stand-by server. The reason was, I could
not completely recover from the backup as I had replication setup for
admin-server(netscaperoot) and when I tried to restore I got weird
messages. This was just my experience, but I am sure the recovery must
be simple.

Few things I find hard in the backup and recovery is SSL certs,
Replication and the order in which you should recover, automated backups
and indexing and backup do not go well together when running at same
time.