Re: [389-users] Clarification on admin server and console

Gerrard Geldenhuis wrote:
>>> replagreement.ldif
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> dn: cn=test-aggreement-name,cn=replica,cn=o\3Dnetscaperoot,cn=mapping tree,cn=config
>>> changetype: add
>>> objectClass: top
>>> objectClass: nsDS5ReplicationAgreement
>>> cn: test-aggreement-name
>>> nsDS5ReplicaHost: 389-master02.example
>>> nsDS5ReplicaPort: 389
>>> nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=Replication Manager
>>> nsDS5ReplicaBindMethod: SIMPLE
>>> nsDS5ReplicaRoot: o=netscaperoot
>>> nsDS5ReplicaTransportInfo: TLS
>>> nsDS5ReplicaCredentials: {DES}blahblah
>>>

>> You should add the nsDS5ReplicaCredentials as clear text and let the
>> server encrypt it.
>>
>> This is a bug - if you remove the changetype: add it should work.
>> Please file a bug about this issue.
>>

> Will file bug shortly. It still however does not work when I remove the changetype: add line.
> Adding the replication user works,
> Enabling the changelog works
> but enabling the replica fails.
> I have changed the ldif slightly to:
>
> dn: cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: nsDS5Replica
> objectclass: extensibleObject
> cn: replica
> nsDS5ReplicaRoot: o=NetscapeRoot
> nsDS5ReplicaId: 1
> nsDS5ReplicaType: 3
> nsDS5Flags: 1
> nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay: 604800
> nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=Replication Manager,cn=config
>

> The log file:
>
> +Entry cn=changelog5,cn=config is added
> +Processing 03replica.ldif ...
> +++check_and_add_entry: Entry not found cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config error No such object
> +ERROR: adding an entry cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config failed, error: No such object
> dn: cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: nsDS5Replica
> objectclass: extensibleObject
> cn: replica
> nsds5replicaroot: o=NetscapeRoot
> nsds5replicaid: 1
> nsds5replicatype: 3
> nsds5flags: 1
> nsds5replicapurgedelay: 604800
> nsds5replicabinddn: cn=Replication Manager,cn=config
>
> +ERROR: There was an error processing entry cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config
> +Cannot continue processing entries.
> Error adding entry 'cn=replica,cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping tree,cn=config'.  Error: No such object
> Error: Could not create directory server instance '389-master01'.
> Exiting . . .

This means the parent entry cn="o=NetscapeRoot",cn=mapping
tree,cn=config does not exist - yes, this is a problem because, when
setting up the server to be a configuration directory server, the
o=NetscapeRoot suffix and database are added later, after the initial
instance creation, when the ConfigFile directives are processed.  I
suppose you could add those as well - use the file
/usr/share/dirsrv/data/template-suffix-db.ldif - make a copy - replace
%ds_bename% with NetscapeRoot and %ds_suffix% with o=NetscapeRoot - use
that file as the first ConfigFile directive.  Then, when
setup-ds-admin.pl tries to add those, it should be ok if they already exist.