Re: [389-users] Preventing ssh keys from granting a user access when LDAP account is disabled.

Well that is usefull to know at least. I have'nt played around with pam_filter yet but may be able to utilize it for something else.

>I believe you can do that in /etc/ldap.conf:
>nss_base_passwd ou=People..?sub?!(nsRoleDN=...)
>
>>> I still don't understand pam as well as I should but it would make
>>> sense to me for PAM to "check" LDAP before checking ssh...
>
>Remember that OpenSSH is maintained by the OpenBSD developers, where
>there is no PAM.  PAM support is added by the Portable OpenSSH group.
>Support for PAM is probably imperfect.

It is unfortunate. It would be nice if you could do a logical AND in PAM to utilize two sources of authentication. My understanding was that PAM is the bastion for all authentication and that nothing happens without its say so.

Regards