From: 389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:389-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gerrard Geldenhuis
Sent: Wednesday, 16 June 2010 8:32 p.m.
To: General discussion list for the 389 Directory server project.
Subject: Re: [389-users] errors once in the admin console

Hi Steven,
Double check that you are using the correct JVM by using alternatives as stated in the install guide. I don't know if that is the problem but worth checking. Also double check the install log of yum for a clean install. Have you run setup-ds-admin.pl script to setup your directory after installation?

What OS are you using( I am guesing Centos ) what version of 389 have you installed.

The documentation in http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ is very comprehensive. You will find your answer as to where the logs are kept in the Administrator's Guide almost right at the beginning.

Best Regards