Re: [389-users] how to quickly recover from a corrupt database in multiple master configuration

mark benschop wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a problem on a CentOs Directory Server 8.1 multiple master
> setup.
> The database of one of the servers has been marked as corrupt and has
> been brought offline by the Directory Server.
Can you post any relevant error messages from the error log of the server?
> Ldapclients querying the ldapserver for e.g. loggin in of users get an
> errormessage, effectively disabling users to log in.
What error message?

> I'm wondering what the best method is to recover from this situation.
> I can think of a few :
> 1) Starting the ldapserver, deleting the database, recreating it and
> restoring a backup.

> 2) Starting the ldapserver, deleting the database and reinitialising
> the server from the other master.
If you reinitialize the problem server from another server, you don't
need to delete the database, reinit will do that for you.