Re: [389-users] Unregister a server

> Mister Anonyme wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A server crashed (physically, hardware failure) and we decided to no
> > replace it.
> >
> > In the Configuration Server, I would like to remove the server from
> > the server list in the console but I'm unable to do so.

> What happens if you try to remove it in the console?

Two errors from the console:

Server instance slapd-XXXXX could not be removed.  Error: ds_remove failure.
Failed to remove Directory Server (XXXXX)

And from command line, /usr/sbin/ds_removal with the -f flag:

Error: could not read /etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXX - Error: No such file or directory
Error: Could not open the DSE config file '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXX/dse.ldif'. Error: No such file or directory
Error: Error: could not find directory server configuration directory '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-XXXXXXX'.  Error: No such file or directory

# rpm -qa |grep -- -ds-
redhat-ds-admin-8.1.0-9.el4dsrv
redhat-ds-8.1.0-1.el4dsrv
redhat-ds-console-8.1.0-3.el4dsrv
redhat-ds-base-8.1.0-0.19.el4dsrv
redhat-ds-base-devel-8.1.0-0.19.el4dsrv

> > I tried with this command: ds_removal, but it needs to be run on the
> > same the server that has to be removed.
> >
> > Is there any other way to 'unregister' a server from the console on
> > the configuration server ?
> >
> > Thank you!

Stay in touch. Get Hotmail & Messenger on your phone.