Re: [389-users] Tombstones not deleting

jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:
>
>> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>>> I have noticed on my Fedora consumers there appear to be quite a few
>>> tombstones going back months even thought the Purge delay is set to a week:
>>>
>>> ldapsearch -x -b "cn=mapping tree,cn=config" -D "cn=Directory Manager"
>>> -W cn=replica nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay
>>> # replica, o=blah.com, mapping tree, config
>>> dn: cn=replica,cn="o=blah.com",cn=mapping tree, cn=config
>>> nsds5ReplicaPurgeDelay: 604800

If you turn on the replication log level, you can see when the tombstone
reap thread runs, and see how it decides to clean up tombstones.  If you
don't want to wait, you can set the tombstoneReapInterval to a lower value.
> Is it possible
> to manually force a purge of these?

You can manually delete them with ldapdelete.  But there is currently a
bug (fixed in the source) - if the tombstone entry you are deleting has
the nsds5ReplConflict attribute, you will have to use ldapmodify to
remove that attribute, then you can delete the entry.