Re: [389-users] Problems with SSL

Rich & Rob,

I am making some progress.  I got it to work partially.  My problem was
that it did not like the default digicert root cert (the one I see by
linking to /usr/lib64/libnssckbi.so).  When I installed the digicert
root cert that came with the server cert, it worked.  I figured this out
by looking at the server cert certification path and seeing it was broken.

So I am now trying to turn it on for the console by ticking the checkbox
(the admin server is next).  It seems to work as I can save the setting
and then I restart the services.  However, when I go into the console
and try to either "Manage Certs" or choose Configuration->Encryption I
get a dialog that shows up twice:

"An error has occurred, Could not open file (null).  File does not exist
or filename is invalid."

I am able to untick the use ssl in console option and then I can manage
my certs again.

Any ideas on what is going on here.

Again, thanks very much for your help.

cheers,

ski

On 03/03/2010 08:46 AM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Ski Kacoroski wrote:
>> Ok, looks like I need to reboot the entire server to get the admin
>> console stop server functionality to work.
> You probably could have just restarted the directory server and admin
> server:
> service dirsrv restart
> service dirsrv-admin restart
>> Now, has anyone had any luck
>> using a * cert with the 389 server?
>>
> What problems are you having still?
>> cheers,
>>
>> ski
>>
>> On 03/02/2010 03:24 PM, Ski Kacoroski wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am having problems with SSL setup.  First I tried via the admin
>>> console to use our company's star cert, but no matter what [in/password
>>> I picked for the keystore, when I tried to restart the server it would
>>> not accept my pin/password that I had just entered.  I then gave up and
>>> ran the setupssl2.sh script and this worked except that it threw an
>>> error when trying to modify the directory to turn on ssl.  So I went in
>>> via the admin console and was able to turn on ssl for the admin console
>>> and my directory.  The problem now is that I cannot stop the server from
>>> the admin console (I can start it ok).  I just get a dialog with
>>> "Directory Server nsd-org could not be stopped".  Any ideas on why when
>>> I can start the server ok?  Also has any one else made this work with a
>>> star cert?
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> ski
>>>

> --

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
  connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, ckacoroski@xxxxxxx, 206-501-9803
or ski98033 on most IM services