Re: [389-users] Change password of entries to clear-text

Thanks
Can we have passwords encrypted in directory and between ldap server and
its client(proxy server)simultaneous? If not why? How can secure them?

> Hi,
> I'm new in ldap and have installed ldap-389. The password of entries
> in database are saved in SSHA. How to config it to be clear-text? and
> how to change entries that are saved until now?
> thanks

With 389-console you can configure your server in order to save password
in CLEAR text or other algorithms. Just open the console, administrate
your server, then Configuration->DATA, and in the Password tab in the
bottom you can change the configuration.

You can't restore password already saved in SSHA. Your users will have
to change the password in order to apply changes.

Saludos