Re: [389-users] Web interface to the user directory console?

Kenneth Holter wrote:
Hi.
We're setting up Red Hat Directory Server v8.1.0, and are able to access the Directory Server console by issuing the redhat-idm-console script. I can access the administration module by pointing my web browser to port 9830 on the LDAP server. But is there a way to get access to the directory server (i.e. user management and stuff) from a web interface? I would be great to access the user directory via a web interface, instead of using SSH'ing into the ldap server and use X forwarding to get the console up and running.
You can use the DSGW - 389-dsgw (formerly fedora-ds-dsgw) - package with Red Hat Directory Server. Please note though that Red Hat does not support the DSGW, but it should work.

The FC6/EL5 389-dsgw package is available from http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download#Enterprise_Linux_5
Best regards,
Kenneth Holter