Re: [389-users] Directory Server Gateway (was: change PW?)

Alan McKay wrote:
OK, I'm going to just shoot this out to the list as I go along and
discover things - hope follks don't mind.  But it is an easy if clumsy
way to document this for the next person to come along.  If anyone can
recommend a doc that will get me through this on Centos, please do

On Centos I've found  /usr/share/dirsrv/html as well as
/usr/share/dirsrv/data

I look in the latter and there seem to be interesting things that I'd
like to show up in
http://sandbox1:9830/
But they do not.  BTW, when I go to that URL it immediately forwards me to :
http://sandbox1:9830/dist/download

If I cd to the HTML dir above and then do :
[root@sandbox1 html]# ln -s ../data/admserv_dsgw.html .

And refresh my web browser, I now get a new item showing up in that page.
Directory Server Gateway
Search for and edit directory entries.

This appears to be what I am looking for, but when I cilck it I go to
a location which does not exist :
http://sandbox1:9830/clients/dsgw/bin/lang?context=dsgw

Doing the following also puts more entries on the web page, but none
of the links work
[root@sandbox1 html]# ln -s ../data/admserv_orgchart.html .
[root@sandbox1 html]# ln -s ../data/admserv_phonebook.html .
Right. That won't work. Please remove those links. You must install the fedora-ds-dsgw package - as you have discovered, there is no centos-ds-dsgw package, but the fedora-ds-dsgw package should work with centos-ds-base and centos-ds-admin.