Re: [389-users] Query blocking server

Juan Asensio Sánchez wrote:
Hi, thanks for your answer.

2009/10/27 Andrey Ivanov <andrey.ivanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

Do you make the ldapsearch on the same server where ldap server turns?

Yes, sure.

I think your server does not freeze. When you receive the result search
entries the CPU of your server is occupied at 100%.

Yes, if I monitor the server, ONE if the cores is at 100%. I mean the
LDAP service freezes, not the full server.

If it is a virtual
machine that you are using  try to add another cpu.

No, this is a real machine with 8 cores (2 CPUs).

Instead of showing the
result on the screen in order to have a more consistent of your test try to
redirect it to /dev/null, smth like this :

ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -h ldap-server.your.domain -b "dc=your,dc=domain"
"(objectClass=*)" > /dev/null

>From my computer:
time ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldapa1.sacyl.es -D
"uid=adminsamba_XXXX,ou=dominio_samba,o=XXXX,dc=XXXXX,dc=XX" -w XXXXXX
-b "dc=XXXXXX,dc=XXX" "(&(uid=*)(objectClass=sambasamaccount))" -LLL
-x > /dev/null

real	6m23.429s
user	0m4.060s
sys	0m0.420s

While doing this query, I run one more, and until the first is not
finished, the second did not respond.
How many entries match this search filter? Is your nsslapd-idlistscanlimit high enough to hold both all of the uid=* entries and all of the objectClass=sambasamaccount entries?

And do your ldapsearch on another machine, not on the server...

The search is always done from other machine (the Samba server, or my computer).

Regards.