Re: [389-users] Searching cn=config as a user other than cn=Directory Manager?

Anne Cross wrote:
I'm working on setting up nagios monitoring of our multi-master replication, and given the occasional problems that are plaguing our network, we need replication monitoring. The script on http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ReplicationMonitoring#Monitoring_replication_with_Nagios is very helpful, but it assumes logging in as the Directory Manager.

We've had sufficient problems with "helpful" people becoming root and doing things that I'm *really* wary of putting the Directory Manager password in plaintext in a monitoring script,
As well you should be.
but searching as cn=replication,cn=config or similar results doesn't return any results. Can someone point me at the ACI I need to modify (or do I need to create a new one?) to add read-only access to cn=config on our master servers for monitoring purposes? Thanks!
The setup-ds-admin.pl script creates ACIs for the console admin user - look at the ACIs on the cn=config entry for the uid=admin,..... user. You can probably just duplicate those - change the user to be your monitoring user, and change the allow() to just read,search,compare.

See also http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/Managing_Access_Control.html

   -- juniper