Re: OpenLDAP as a slave of Fedora Directory Server?

Hi,

You can also use the LDAP persistent search control an then convert
the 389 attributes to openLDAP ones and send them immediately in real
time, and then, once a day, just  to be sure that everything is ok you
can push the whole LDIF dump. Here is an example of a simple
persistent search script in perl :

my $ldap = Net::LDAP -> new ("ldap-test.example.com", port => 389,
version => 3 ) or die $!;
my $result = $ldap -> bind( "cn=Directory Manager",  password => "mypassword");

my $persist = Net::LDAP::Control::PersistentSearch -> new       (
                                                        changeTypes => 15,
                                                        changesOnly => 1,
                                                        returnECs => 1
                                                        );

my $ldap_filter = "(objectClass=*)";
my $result_search = $ldap -> search (
                                base    => $COMPLETE_BASE,
                                scope   => "sub",
                                filter  => $ldap_filter,
                                control => [ $persist ],
                                callback=> \&process_entry
                                );
exit;

sub process_entry
{
        my $message = shift;
        my $entry = shift;
        print $entry -> dn()."\n";  #output entry DN
        my $ldif = Net::LDAP::LDIF -> new( "", "w", onerror => 'undef');
        $ldif -> write_entry ($entry); #output entry in LDIF
        $ldif -> done ( );
}

You may also be interested in digging a little bit the ldofsort.pl and
ldifdiff.pl utilities from perl-LDAP rpm package (they are in
/usr/share/doc/perl-LDAP-0.33/contrib/ in CentOS/RHEL 5.3). These are
an excellent solution if you need to generate the difference between
two ldifs and then push this delta to openldap, for example...