Re: [389-users] still wasted :(

Maurizio Marini wrote:
After reinstalling this morning and recovered nigthly backup, i cannot again access Admin Console
If i use admin/password i get:
netscape.ldap.LDAPException error result(32) No such object
fedora-idm-console -D 9 -f console.log
also check the /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv logs
you should also be able to look at the directory server logs /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-instance/access to see what request is returning err=32

Finally, if you are willing to just start over again from scratch, save your data to ldif (db2ldif - but omit o=NetscapeRoot data) and run
remove-ds-admin.pl
this will wipe out everything, completely, so be sure to save your data first in a safe place (not in any dirsrv directory).

Then, run setup-ds-admin.pl again, and then restore your data.
if i try to access using cn=Directory manage / Password

i am allowed to access, but then there is only "Administration server" available in the tree, if i click on Directory Server, i get a Red error telling me that rpm package fedora-idm-console
was not found and i should reinstall it

i would change my strategy

can i backup an ldif file containing samba objects, only?
I would reinstall everything on another server and after configured samba domain with Domain dn: sambaDomainName=DOMAIN,dc=xxxxx,dc=it
and Administrator
i would restore a backup with samba only data

so, apart from all directory config domain
administrator

what i would export would be:
samba user
computers
groups

is it sufficient to use a command with a filter like "(objectclass=sambaSAMAccount)"
?

if yes, could someone please suggest me the db2ldif command line to export only this data in ldif format file?
You cannot use db2ldif to filter the data. You could use ldapsearch. But why not just dump and save everything under dc=xxxxx,dc=it?
tia

-m