Re: [389-users] Console error from Winsrv 2003

Prashanth Sundaram wrote:
Hi All,

I am trying to access the FDS using Java mgmt. console installed on Windows Server 2003. There was a similar case posted before, but I mine differs as I have not changed any hostname.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-February/msg00230.html

Error Message:
“Initialization Failure
Cannot connect to the directory server ldap://fedorads-lin.fedorads.net:389 LDAP Error: failed to connect to server ldap://fedorads-lin.fedorads.net:389

Would you like to attempt to restart the Directory Server?”
System: Fedora 11 and FedoraDS 1.1.3, Selinux and Firewall disabled
Winserver 2003 and FedoraConsole 20090403.msi. Also has DNS, DHCP, DC and AD roles. I have NAT enabled on this machine, so the firewall is disabled.

Installation: I had everything default and the hostname is fedorads-lin(never changed). The mgmt. console works fine on Unix box.

Console details: User: cn=Directory Manager, Pass:** , URL: http://192.178.1.12:9830

Test conducted: I am able to ping fedorads-lin via IP and DN(DNS is fine). Disabled Firewall and SElinux on FDS box. Checked Name resolution, fine.

Suspected Problem: Previously when firewall was enabled, I got a different message like server is not running..... So I am sure it is able to connect to the FDS but just not initializing.

Any ideas??
You could try editing the .bat file used to start the console - add -D 9 to the end of the argument list

Thanks,
Prashanth