Re: [389-users] Monitoring recovering

David Boreham wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
Hi,

When DS is crashed, sometimes logs sayes "Recovering Database" and i have to wait for minutes before it re run.
Is it possible to watch what DS is doing (recovering progression ?)
No, not really. I suppose you could strace the process. I think all of the work is being done inside of berkeley db, I'm not sure how to get that information.
There's a way to enable recovery logging in BDB, and have the output go to the DS logs. Unfortunately I don't remember how to do it, but it probably isn't hard to figure out from the code.
Having done that, the progress can be seen by tailing the log.
Could it be "nsslapd-db-verbose"?

It can be turned on by setting the directive in the backend config in dse.ldif.

dn: cn=config,cn=ldbm database,cn=plugins,cn=config
[...]
nsslapd-db-verbose: on
[...]
There's a more advanced progress monitoring mechanism in BDB now, but the DS doesn't use it.