Re: [389-users] Customizing IDM Console

Dumbo Q wrote:
Is there any way to customize the idm console? I basically just need a tool for add/mod/remove users and groups for authentication. centos-ds worked out of the box for authenticaition, but I had to manually pick a uid and gid. Is there a way to have idm-console pick the next available id?

If not, has anyone tried Gosa with fedora directory?

You can customize the IDM console if you can code Java - I can help get you set up with Eclipse if you really want to go this route, but I don't recommend it if you have no prior Java experience.

There is also the dsgw (fedora-ds-dsgw) that should work with centos-ds - just grab the fedora-ds-dsgw package for EL5 - see http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download and http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/WebApps_Install