Re: [389-users] I'm going to compile the sources to generate .debs

Morenisco wrote:
Hi,

I want to try compiling the sources to generate .debs for Debian/GNU
Linux, just a try...
I would like to avoid use alien, due to could be better to generate .debs
from the sources.

Well, I see that the URL to get the sources if the following:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/

But I'm not sure about what files do I need.
I think that I need those files:

389-admin-1.1.7.tar.bz2
389-admin-console-1.1.3.tar.bz2
389-adminutil-1.1.8.tar.bz2
389-console-1.1.3.tar.bz2
389-ds-base-1.2.1.tar.bz2
389-ds-console-1.2.0.tar.bz2
389-dsgw-1.1.2.tar.bz2

Can someone confirm please?

The really tricky part is probably going to be in the dependencies: cyrus-sasl, db4, nss, nspr, netsnmp, mozldap, sasl2 and perhaps a few others. You might want to start with the current spec file to get an idea of what it requires.

rob