Re: Regarding data deletion in FDS

debu wrote:

Hi All,

We had implemented FDS in one of our server.
Now with lots of testing going around for quite a few application, i ended up with lot of junk data in my FDS server.

I am all set to delete these 1 lac + data( out of which only some 3K+ is valid for me as of now :-/ )

But before this i wanted to know/ get some advice, that will these deletion
1 / will cause any issue on my server?
probably not
2/ Would it auto refresh its index and all?
yes
3/ any otehr aspect should i consider before/after this activity.
You might consider doing an LDIF export (db2ldif) then an LDIF import (ldif2db). The import will completely wipe out the previous contents. However, if you are using replication, you will have to reinit everything.

I have-
fedora-ds-1.1.2-1
RHEL 5 - 32 bit.

Thanks,