Re: Re: Total number of LDAP entries

Branimir wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
Branimir wrote:
David Boreham wrote:
Branimir wrote:
so there is no way to find the number of total LDAP entries stored in FDC?
Obviously that's a ridiculous statement. You could at the very least perform a search that
returns all entries and count them !

The server however does not maintain a running count itself. So one way or another you will
need to count the entries.

Unless...you configure a VLV index covering the target entries (e.g. all entries). This will as a side-effect maintain the count, which can be retrieved with the appropriate VLV search.

Hi David and Rocio,

David:
well, I know that I can perform search and count them. I hoped that there is some shell command implemented in FDS that could provide this number. I administer commercial LDAP solution
Which LDAP solution?
that provides such command.
What is the command and how does it work?

Hi Rich,

please don't be offendedbut I work in CA environment and I cannot provide that information.
Why? Is this the CA E-Trust Directory Server? If so, isn't the information on it publicly available? If so, why would you not be able to provide that information.
What I can say that this command counts number of entries on both master and replica servers.
How does it work? Does it use LDAP? Does it invoke some sort of remote shell?

Also thank you for the links.

Cheers,

Branimir