Re: LDAP Proxy in Fedora Directory Server

Tim Hartmann wrote:
Rich,

Thanks for the tip! So far that seems to be exactly what i need!  I had
to set

nsProxiedAuthorization to "no" for my proxy to work, once i did that I
started getting the expected results of my query!

I've set this up on one server, and I DO have a question about the best
way to push this out to my replica's. Can Linking directories be
replicated like other root suffix's, or should i be manually adding them
to all the replica's. Can you set a replication agreement up for a Link
/Chain at all, and if you can, should you?
I'm not sure what you mean - do you mean replicate the definition of the database link? If so, then no, you cannot replicate cn=config. However, you can add the database link definition over LDAP, so you could easily script it with ldapmodify to add it to all of your replicas.
Thanks! And thanks again for steering me in the right direction!

Tim

Rich Megginson wrote:
Tim Hartmann wrote:
Hi

I've got a question on referrals and proxy in RHDS. I'm in mid migration
from OpenLDAP and I ran into this stansa in the slapd.conf of the old
replicas.

database        ldap
suffix          "cn=OracleContext,dc=school,dc=edu"
uri             ldap://oidnames.sub.school.edu:8010/

>From what I understand this is a proxy to one of our sister
organizations LDAP servers (Sun Directory Server I think)

I've been trying to replicate this functionality in my RHDS
installation, and  so far i've not been able to. I've tried default
referrals and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried to use smart
referrals, but that doesn't seem to be the right usage for smart
referrals.

Will RHDS / FDS do LDAP proxying? Is there some other way that I should
set up referrals to allow this sort of functionality to work?
Referrals might work, if all of your clients are smart enough to know
how to follow them.

I suggesting Chaining Database (aka Database Links) -
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/index.html
Thanks in advance for your help!

Tim