Re: Re: Windows sync: how do you populate the posixUser attributes?

Kenneth Holter wrote:
Has anyone on the list set up such as scheme for adding posix attributes to users synced from AD, and would like to comment on this approach? I'm thinking that maybe running a cron job (for example a couple of times an hour) that searches for newly added users, then using "ldapmodify" to add the required posix attributes, may be the way to go.
That might work. There is some documentation about how to poll Active Directory for changes to entries:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677626(VS.85).aspx
and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891995

I have a python-ldap script that implements support for the DirSync control - http://github.com/richm/scripts/tree/master/dirsyncctrl.py