Re: I can not write dse.ldif file

Hugo Etievant wrote:
hello,

When I do some updates in the content of the dse.ldif file for an instance (/etc/dirsrv/slapd-instance/), my file is rewrited and restored back to the previous version automatically by FDS without my permission !
How can I ensure durability of my updates for this config file ?
You have to shutdown the server first before writing dse.ldif. The server uses dse.ldif as it's dynamic configuration backing store. The server periodically writes out its config to this file. If you really want to edit dse.ldif (not recommended) you must first shutdown the server.

The better way to do it is to use ldapmodify to dynamically edit the configuration in the running server.

regards