Re: Exporting the Fedora DS certificate

Rusch Philipp pru09 wrote:

Hi together,

I have successfully set up my directory server. For a disaster tolerant topology I want to load balance the two servers over a F5 LTM load balancer. My problem is, that I have tried to export the certificate ( I have a self generated one ) without a result. The load balancer could only read certificates in pem format. So, if anyone of you know what type of certificate the DS uses let me know about it ;-)

The certificate was generated with the gencert.sh script which is available under

http://github.com/richm/scripts/tree/master%2Fsetupssl.sh?raw=true

I don’t know very much about the SSL stuff so I am not sure If I have tried the right tools/commands.

Which one is the certificate the slapd-yourhost-cert8.db or is it only stored in there?

What version of Fedora DS are you using? Do you need both the cert and the key, or just the cert?

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

phru