Re: Need to escape space when adding referrals from scripts?

Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
I have a perl script I've been working on to setup replication.  The
replication works great for replication from master to master.  But
I've been running into problems with dedicated consumers and their
referrals.

If I disable the add_replical_referral sub in my script,  and let fds
handle the referrals on the fly it works (go figure :) ).  But it
doesn't set it up how I want so I need to customize it.  It seems
like when I set the referrals manually via perl,  the space in the
url of the referal is causing the whole dn of the update to get
truncated as soon as it detects a space. Here is what I mean.

The syntax of the "ref" attribute is labeledURI. This consists in a URI and an optional label, separated by a blank. The URI must have special chars, which include spaces, URL-escaped (e.g. spaces must be "%20").

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.