Re: Case Sensitive Lookup and Searching

Rich Megginson wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
Michael Ströder wrote:
I really wonder whether default matching rules are applied for certain LDAP syntaxes and how to find out which these are.

If there is no matching rule, it just goes by the most appropriate internal matching rule that corresponds to the SYNTAX.

Any description how the "most appropriate internal matching rule" is chosen?
No, not really, afaik. I suppose it attempts to use "common sense" e.g. if the syntax is for case sensitive string, it uses a matching rule for case sensitive string comparison, and uses indexers for case sensitive strings.

And how to determine whether a syntax is used for case sensitive strings? That's exactly the problem of the original poster I guess.

Is the list of matching rules in the subschema subentry complete?
Complete as in "implements every matching rule defined in every LDAP RFC" - no.

Complete in the sense: The subschema subentry lists all the matching rules which are implemented, no more, no less.

Ciao, Michael.