Re: server fails to start

Marco Strullato wrote:
I think those attrcrypt failures are benign.  What other problems do you have?

Simply the server doesn't start. Here the output of this command
./ns-slapd -d 3 -D /opt/fedora-ds/slapd-vm02 -i
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-vm02/logs/pid -w
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-vm02/logs/startpid 2> /tmp/err

I hope you can receive the attachment.
Yes.
The last thing I see is "Checkpointing database..." - if for some reason the database was corrupted or had a lot of recovery to do, for whatever reason, it may take a long time to recover at startup. I don't see anything after the checkpointing message which would indicate the server ran into an error and exited unexpectedly. Either the server is running into an exceptional condition which causes it to exit without reporting, or it is crashing. For the former, strace would show that the server is calling exit(). For the latter, try increasing the core file size - ulimit -c unlimited - then look for files called core.*

Thanks

Marco