Re: groups

On 3/12/08, Ivan Ferreira <iferreir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I guess FDS doesn't really make use of the UPG scheme that local
authentication in redhat has always used?

I think UPG is a concept that can be easily acomplished by creating first
the group, and then the user. Yes, is an extra step, but the results are
the same.

>>> If I could say a feature request, it would be a simple way to customise
templates for adding users/groups, etc.

Probably you are right, but as I said in another reply, you have
ldapadmin.exe and phpldapadmin which are great tools for managing LDAP
entries (Including SAMBA).

ya, sad to say I had to resort to using it, and its for windoze too...  but even tht can't be customised all that easily.