Re: temporary resource unavailable problem with fedora directory server

M Vallapan wrote:
How do you figure out which clients are grabbing the available
connections and not letting go ? Could you please provide an example ?
Take a look at the directory server access log. When a client first connects, you will see the connection logged with the client's IP address. The connection will be assigned a number (conn=4364 for example). Then search through the access log from that point looking for conn=XXXX to see all operations on that connection. You should eventually see a disconnect. If you do not, find out what client is on the other end of that connection (by IP address or by the types of operations it performs).
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
M Vallapan wrote:
 > Thanks ! the settings you mentioned work, but only for some time then
 > the problem arises again. then I have to manually restart fedora-ds to
 > break off all the idle sessions for it to be okay again for a little
 > while. How do I go about this ?

 First, figure out what the clients are which are grabbing all of the
 available connections and not letting them go . . .

 The server does not close idle connections until some other connection
 is made.  So you could use ldapsearch to write a script that "pings" the
 server every few minutes to force it to close idle connections.