Re: Fwd: Password Warnings

I did that. I know I have done that in the past.  I see on one account the passwordExpWarned, I don't see passwordExpirationTime. We need to be able to give users warnings that the password will expire in N days.  Am I looking in the wrong place, or is there a setting I haven't set? I set up a policy that is supposed to expire passwords, and warn users.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Legatus wrote:
> I have tried with this search, and also using the userid that I am
> requesting the information  from. So "uid=me,ou=people,dc=mydc" to get
> info on "uid=me,ou=people,dc=mydc"
>
> ldapsearch -x -b 'ou=people,dc=mydc' -s sub -D 'cn=directory manager'
> -w <password> "objectclass=*" attrs="passwordExpWarned
> passwordExpirationTime"
Don't use attrs="..." Just specify them on the command line - ...
"objectclass=*" passwordExpWarned passwordExpirationTime
If you want all regular attributes plus the additional operational
attributes, use "*" e.g.
ldapsearch .... "objectclass=*" \* passwordExpWarned passwordExpirationTime
ldapsearch --help
usage: ldapsearch [options] [filter [attributes...]]
where:
 filter        RFC-2254 compliant LDAP search filter
 attributes    whitespace-separated list of attribute descriptions

Note that openldap has a special attribute called "+" but this is not
supported by Fedora DS.