Re: groups

solarflow99 wrote:
I was interested to create groups to use for authenticated access. Say for instance I configure samba to use FDS, can it actually use those groups to control permissions? What about the gidnumber? This all the docs had to say about it:

    5.4. Using Groups

Groups are a mechanism for associating entries for ease of administration. This mechanism was provided with previous versions of Directory Server and should be used primarily for compatibility with older versions of the server.

See http://tinyurl.com/3yo88r and http://tinyurl.com/2snfle and http://tinyurl.com/337g46 for some examples using groups with ACIs.