Re: new install - howto start using

solarflow99 wrote:
thanks, I got into the console already, and looked around.
Go to the Users&Groups tab. I think 1.0.4 has a bug in that it uses o=NetscapeRoot for the default Users&Groups container. If you go into one of the menus, you can Edit Directory and set it to your real suffix e.g. dc=yourdomain,dc=com

On 2/20/08, *Rich Megginson* <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    solarflow99 wrote:
    > Hi, I have FDS 1.04 on RHEL4 installed and was wondering how to get
    > started using this?  The installation is easy, now i'd like to know
    > how to add new users and test things out.  The docs and
    > long extensive, I didn't actually see a simple get stared guide.  I
    > hope adding new users easier than the openldap way, having to create
    > LDIF files, doing ldapadd, etc.
    Use the console.  You'll have to have the correct Java installed.  If
    you are a RHEL customer, you should be able to just do
    up2date java-1.4.2-ibm
    to get the correct java.  This is in the Extras or Supplemental
    channel.  Use
    java -version
    to confirm you are using the IBM java and not gcj.

    Then,
    cd /opt/fedora-ds
    ./startconsole

    Use http://localhost:adminserverport/ for the Admin URL
    If you don't know what your admin server port is, grep \^Listen
    admin-serv/config/console.conf