Re: Problem with a new installation

Sascha Scrubb Bendix wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently looking for a central authentication solution and wanted
to try the fedora directory server. So I took a x86_64-Machine and
installed a fresh fedora system. I tried to install as less as possible
and havn't selected X, gnome, or the fonts for installation.

After this I followed the instructions in the install guide (except
that I mirrored the packages to a local repository, because my system
doesn't have a direct internet connection. I finished the configuration
with /usr/sbin/setup-ds-admin.pl the ds and ds-admin, but it failed.
The message (it's the same when I do /etc/init.d/dirsrv-admin start)
was:

Starting dirsrv-admin: httpd.worker: Syntax error on line 147
of /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/httpd.conf: Cannot
load /usr/lib64/dirsrv/modules/mod_admserv.so into
server: /usr/lib64/libadminutil.so.1: undefined symbol: u_strToUTF8_3_7
[FAILED]

The httpd module is loaded, because of this line in the config:

LoadModule admserv_module     /usr/lib64/dirsrv/modules/mod_admserv.so

Here are some more infos about my system:

# cat /etc/redhat-release Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)

# rpm -qa
basesystem-8.1-1
<snip>
adminutil-1.1.4-2.fc8
The current version of adminutil is 1.1.5-1 which should fix this problem.

yum update adminutil
<snip>

I hope you can give me a clue what I've done wrong and want to thank
you in advance.

Sincerly yours,

Sascha bendix