Re: Migrating the NIS Database into Fedora DS ???

Hi,

by default, FDS does no have any ou=Group container. It uses ou=Groups, instead.

If you need to use ou=Group, you mus create it before.

Ciao,
	Enrico

Singh Raina, Ajeet wrote:
I have configured Fedora DS with SSL on RHEL 4.0 machine. I tried to migrate the NIS Databases to LDIF format running the migration script.

The migrate_passwd.pl and migrate_netgroup.pl ran successfully and I can even import them into the Fedora DS database through fedora DS Console.

But when I tried to import the group.ldif file into the fedora DS it showed the following error:

Few of the Output:

cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com: Error adding object 'dn: cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com'. The error sent by the server was 'No such object'. The object is: LDAPEntry: cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com; LDAPAttributeSet: LDAPAttribute {type='gidnumber', values='501'} LDAPAttribute {type='userpassword', values='{crypt}!'} LDAPAttribute {type='objectclass', values='posixGroup,top'} LDAPAttribute {type='cn', values='fmaster'}.

cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com: Error adding object 'dn: cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com'. The error sent by the server was 'No such object'. The object is: LDAPEntry: cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com; LDAPAttributeSet: LDAPAttribute {type='gidnumber', values='502'} LDAPAttribute {type='userpassword', values='{crypt}!'} LDAPAttribute {type='objectclass', values='posixGroup,top'} LDAPAttribute {type='cn', values='manish'}.

File : /etc/group:

fmaster:!:501:

manish:!:502:

noorie:!:503:

osharma:!:504:

fmister:!:505:

test:!:506:

tester:!:507:

karim:!:508:

chirag:!:509:

fedorauser:x:510:

ntop:x:101:

nagios:x:512:

nagcmd:x:513:nagios,apache

mysql:x:102:

purushottam:x:514:

sijo:x:515:

fdsuser:x:516:

project:x:517:

fmast:x:518:

ldap:x:519:

File: /tmp/group.ldif

dn: cn=fmaster,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: posixGroup

objectClass: top

cn: fmaster

userPassword: {crypt}!

gidNumber: 501

dn: cn=manish,ou=Group,dc=im,dc=logica,dc=com

objectClass: posixGroup

objectClass: top

cn: manish

userPassword: {crypt}!

gidNumber: 502

Any idea why it is showing the error????

begin:vcard
fn:Enrico M. V.  Fasanelli
n:Fasanelli;Enrico M. V.
org:I.N.F.N. - Sezione di Lecce
adr:via prov.le per Arnesano;;c/o Dipartimento di Fisica;Lecce;LE;73100;Italy
email;internet:Enrico.M.V.Fasanelli@xxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:+390832297442
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1