Re: Trying to build idm-console-framework from SRPMS fails on Fedora 7

Howard Wilkinson wrote:
Rich Megginson wrote:
Howard Wilkinson wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Howard Wilkinson wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Howard Wilkinson wrote:
I have been trying to build the idm-console-framework for fedora 7+ and get the following warnings and failures - Any suggestions about how I get past these?

On F-7 you will have to use a proprietary JRE (sun or ibm). Do you need to build for some reason? The console packages for F-7 are provided in the fedora ds yum repo - http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes#Console_only_Installation

I need to build from source as I want to be able to add some changes to the core and the console. I have icedtea built and installed on F7 but the console fails to build because there is a clash between an idm supplied class and a system class.

[javac] /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/idm-console-framework-1.1.0/src/com/netscape/management/client/preferences/FilePreferenceManager.java:49: reference to Console is ambiguous, both class com.netscape.management.client.console.Console in com.netscape.management.client.console and class java.io.Console in java.io match IDM supplies the com.netscape.management.client.console.Console and icedtea provides java.io.Console.

Before I go diving into the ant environment any pointers where this is being setup and how to fix?
Ah yes. I had to fix this when I submitted the packages to Fedora. There were a few issues like this that IcedTea didn't like. I fixed them and released idm-console-framework 1.1.1 - there are also 1.1.1 versions of the other Java components. I suggest you start with those - they are functionally equivalent to 1.1.0.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Source

See also http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/BuildingConsole

Howard.
--