Re: Difficulties with fedora-idm-console

leonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everyone...I'm new to LDAP and FDS, so please bear with me.

I just install FDS 1.1 on a clean F8 box.  I got through the setup scripts but when I launch fedora-idm-console, and enter my login info I keep getting an Error 400 response.  My login looks like this:

User ID: cn=Directory Manager
Password: ********
Administration URL: http://localhost:9830

I've tried all kinds of variations, username w/o the "cn=", logging in as "admin", and every variation of IP/partially/fully-qualified domain name I could think of for the box.  I've also tried running with '-a' (it didn't recognize the -d option, recommended to me by someone in the #fedora-ds room).  This is my error, no matter what I do:

Can't logon because of an incorrect User ID,
Incorrect password or Directory problem.
HttpException:
Response: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

This last line bothers me...it looks as if the console is not even trying to pass the login info to a valid URL!  If I just point my browser at http://localhost:9830/ I get the HTML back-end and can authenticate there to get into the "Adminsitration Express" tool, so I'm fairly convinced I'm using the correct login info...

I's confused...
Are you sure you are using the icedtea java and not the default gcj? Try this
java -version
and
yum install java-1.7.0-icedtea
Matt