Re: Massive database creation

Enrico M. V. Fasanelli wrote:

Dear all,

we need to create a lot of databases and replication confgurations on our test environment (4 FDS servers configured in Multi Master)

Is there any way to do this via script (ldapmodify or any other utility) or the only way is via the Fedora Management Console?
Yes. Everything that can be done in the console can also be done via scripts. The Red Hat DS 7.1 documentation lists many of these except for the glaring omission of replication, which will be added in the RHDS 8.0 docs, available very, very soon.

In the meantime, the 7.1 documentation lists how to create databases, suffixes, etc. http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/adminTOC.html
There are a couple of scripts which you can use to set up replication
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2007-December/msg00141.html was recently posted http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication has been around for a while

If you prefer python, the freeipa.org project has a number of python scripts for setting up directory servers, including databases and replication - see www.freeipa.org

Thanks in advance,

Ciao,